Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ads Space

Sub-ordinate Clause can not be Interrogative | zea tutor | English Grammar

       English Grammar       

Sub-ordinate Clause can not be Interrogative

Sub-ordinate Clause can not be Interrogative | zea tutor | English Grammar
Sub-ordinate Clause can not be Interrogative | zea tutor | English Grammar


 
Copyright©zeatutor.blogspot.com                                all rights reserved

Sub-ordinate Clause can not be Interrogative

 Correction of Sentences

Sub-ordinate Clause can never be interrogative 

It is a serious problem to write and speak English sentences in the right way for the non-English students especially in Asian countries like Pakistan. The students frequently commit mistakes writing sub-ordinate clause. The sub-ordinate clause can never be in an interrogative form but the students do commit this meanwhile. A few examples are here.

Here, we will learn the rule of “Sub-ordinate Clause that is always in positive form”. 

He said what is he doing?                   (Wrong)

            He said what he is doing?                   (Wrong)

                        He asked what he was doing.             (Right)

 

She said what is his name?                 (Wrong)

            She said what his name is?                 (Wrong)

                        She asked what his name was.            (Right)

 

He said to me can you help me?         (Wrong)

            He asked me if you can help me?       (Wrong)

He asked me if he can help me?         (Wrong)

He asked me if he can help him.         (Wrong)          

                        He asked me if he could help him.     (Right)

 

You said to her, “Will you guide me?”           (Wrong)

            You said to her Will you guide me?” (Wrong)

You said to her if Will you guide me.            (Wrong)

You asked her if you will guide me.   (Wrong)

You asked her if she will guide me.   (Wrong)

You asked her if she will guide you.  (Wrong)

You asked her if she would guide you.          (Right)


Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ads Space